Saturday, April 05, 2008

Jokes for the Overeducated

Brothers, Sisters, and Transgendered Comedists Everywhere,

Further reflection upon my stand-up experience has led me to the realization that there is a certain segment of the humorous world that tends to be underserved by contemporary comedy -- the overeducated. Not that these folks don't appreciate jokes in the "I'm so drunk" or "I wish I could get a blowjob" categories, but they also have other comic interests as well.

So for them, I've been trying to write a few new jokes:

Position and Momentum walk into a bar. The bartender says, "What can I get you observable quantities." They respond, "We think we'd like a beer, but we're not certain."

Why did the Freudian chicken cross the road? It was envious of the cock.

What were John Maynard Keynes' dying words? "Look I'm finishing a marathon."

What's poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and enlarged? Hobbes' prostate of nature.
What are your favorite jokes for the tragically overeducated?

Live, love, and laugh,

Irreverend Steve