Friday, November 09, 2007

Not So Deep Thoughts

Gwydion asks,

If you could pick three comic actors from throughout history to star in a new "buddy picture," who would you pick?

Here's the catch: the film has to be titled "I Nearly Killed Him."

For my money, I'd like to see John Cleese, Robin Williams, and Groucho Marx... with Mel Brooks as director.
A comedy dream team. Fortunately, a number of them already exist -- Jimmy Durante, Buddy Hackett, and the Three Stooges -- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Rodney Dangerfield, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase -- Caddyshack. Mel Brooks and Richard Pryor co-wrote Blazing Saddles.

I like your thought, but Robin Williams tends not to be so good in an ensemble -- you have to let him roll. But you've claimed Cleese and Groucho making it even harder. I would want "I Nearly Killed Him" to be the long lost Pink Panther film starring Peter Sellers, Marty Feldman, and Steve Martin.

C. Ewing writes,
Which is cooler, the JSA or JLA? Why?

If you could join either of the above (but obviously not both), which would you choose and why?
JSA far and away. It is not even a competition when you compare the Jewish Snowboarders of America with the Japanese Lawyers Association. The members of the JLA all passed the bar, but the members of the JSA never do...

Another from C. Ewing,
As what might be an aside: how many pickled herrings can you eat?
Half of my wife's family is from Lithuania and every time we eat at her grandmother's, I have a chance to beat my personal best. Now, the answer, in part depends on whether it is with the cream sauce or with stewed tomatoes. But most importantly whether the potato-based dish has been served.

Soul Searchers asks,
I'm about half-way through my graduate school education. What should I do when I graduate? There are many options, but I don't know where I'd like to start.
Well, my car needs washing and with a Ph.D. from Harvard, I'm sure you'll do a fine job.

wayoveryonderintheminorkey asks,
I'm still wondering where Number One hid her candy. Where's a good hiding place for a pillow case a third full with candy?
The trick is it wasn't hidden, there's a reason she hasn't eaten dinner in a week...

There were so many juicy ones this week that I'll pick up next week with some of the others.