Thursday, April 05, 2007

Pity Party: Who Do You Feel Sorry For Today?

I feel sorry for Monica Goodling, the former aide to Alberto Gonzales who has to plead the 5th in her bid not to testify before Congress in the US Attorney scandal. A member of the Bush administration's Department of Justice going to the Constitution for protection must be like Ken Lay asking a former Enron employee to lend him five bucks 'til payday.

I feel sorry for Rush Limbaugh's fact checker. I mean, c'mon dude, if you are going to be a non-existent being, at least be an intersting one like a unicorn, Iraqi WMDs, or John McCain's chances of winning the Republican presidential nomination.

I feel sorry for Terry Anderson. This guy must be PISSED. I mean, not only was he held for 2,454 days by the Iranians, but when they released him, he didn't get a gift bag and a free suit.

Who do you feel sorry for today?