Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Steve Irwin, RIP (from Hanno)

From Hanno:

Much has already been said about the death of Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter. In tribute to the many hours of entertainment and education he provided by sons and myself, I wanted to share this story. When my first son was three, we were watching an episode, one of many we had seen together. My son loved the show. At one time, the crocodile hunter was doing something that appeared to be very dangerous. So dangerous, it seemed stupid. True to my smart ass nature, I said something along those lines. My three year old became very, very angry at me (very unusual for him). His brow was furled, and he snarled at me: "Dad, it is not stupid! He is saving us from crocodiles!" I then realized he was watching the show from a very different perspective than I was. Then I could not help but laugh. For that moment, and many others, I will always be thankful. RIP.