Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ann Coulter, Deadhead?

O.k., this is weird -- an interview with Ann Coulter in which she claims to have seen 67 Dead shows. Here's the quotation that really scares me,

Somewhat contrary to the image of Deadheads as hippies, the Dead were huge in my hometown of New Canaan, CT, which is a pretty preppie town. We toyed with the idea of making "Truckin'" our prom song with a "Long Strange Trip" theme, but we ended up with some dorky rainbow theme instead. I tend to associate the Dead with lacrosse players and my favorite fraternities, Fiji and Theta Delt.
Alright, I will cop to having been a Deadhead and I will even plead guilty to having been a lacrosse player, but I was never, NEVER in a fraternity. The thought that I am now 67% of the archetype of Ann Coulter's fond image makes me feel dirty...and not in the "haven't showered in a couple days because I slept in the back of Larry's station wagon after catching an incredible show in Hershey in 1985" kind of way.

Hat tip to Helmut